Thursday, November 10, 2011

How To: Get A Laugh

If you've ever spent more than five seconds around me you know one thing for sure... I like to laugh and don't take things too seriously. I think that laughing brings out the best in people, it's when the soul really shines through and sparkles. A laugh and a smile can change the pace, brighten a room, and even save lives. Just imagine if Hitler smiled more... I can see it now... a little smirk starts to form under the all-too-oppressive moustache -- a quiver and twitch of his eye -- and then rolling laughter, side cramping, doubled over laughter... and WWII never happened. Hitler didn't want to be oppressive, he just needed to hear a good dick joke.

Ok, that may not be the whole story, but you get the point. Laughter is the cheapest form of entertainment and there is nothing better to lift your spirits.

So how do you get a laugh?


I'm not sure about the process for great comedians/comediennes like Kathy Griffin, Lewis Black, or Robin Williams, but for me, the laughs I get are just from being myself -- and that's a hard feat, considering the amount of nonsense that is constantly running through my head.

I do and say things that I think are funny. It's really very selfish but I do it or say it for my own amusement, not really for the amusement of others. If someone is around and they laugh, then great, I've brightened someone's day. If not, I'm still laughing... always on the inside and sometimes on the outside.

So this quick little snippet is just to say that if you want to have others laugh with you or because of you, just roll with what you think is funny and you'll surely bump into someone who finds it equally as hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment